Google Docs makes it easy to email all collaborators of a document. You can even include a complete copy of the file in your email so they can read it inline. Author Jess Stratton shows users how to email the collaborators, as well as a few other options for sending copies of the document as an attachment in an email.
- [Instructor] You have a few ways…to get your document to your fellow collaborators.…The easiest way is to click file from the top menu,…choose email collaborators,…and now you can place check marks…beside everybody that you want to email.…If you have a long list of people,…you can easily select everybody all at once…by clicking select all,…or you can deselect everybody by clicking none.…From here, you can place individual check marks…for who you want to email.…
It prepopulates the subject line…with the title of the document,…but you can change this if you want.…You can type in your message here.…At the bottom, you can choose…to send a copy of the email to yourself,…and you can also choose to paste the item itself…into the email.…This is going to past what's called…a snapshot into the email.…A snapshot is a copy of the document…that will be pasted in entirety into your email.…
I'll click the blue send button.…Off it goes.…And now I'll show you what it looks like on the other side.…I have an email that get sent.…You can see that there's a link to the document,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Downloading files as PDFs or Word documents
- Using Docs templates
- Finding and adding additional fonts
- Copying styles with Paint Format
- Replacing text as your type
- Finding images using the Research tool
- Tagging others in comments
- Turning on Suggesting mode for collaborators
- Creating flowcharts with Google Drawings
- Translating documents into different languages