Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing a doc simultaneously with another user, part of Google Docs Essential Training.
- Now that I've sent the person an invitation…to collaborate on the document, whenever they want,…they can open up the document and start working on it.…If I got it opened at the same time,…I'll see their avatar appear on the top right hand side…with their Google profile avatar icon.…I'll also see a color assigned to them.…In fact, that there was multiple people…working on the document.…Everybody's avatars would line up on a straight right here…and everybody would be assigned a different color.…
If I want to see what this person is working on, I can click…on their name and it will take me right to the document.…In fact, I can see them typing while they're typing.…For every person that's working on the document, I'll see…a cursor that's got the same color that they're assigned.…In fact, the other person can even initiate chats.…I can initiate a chat also by clicking…on the chat window bubble.…However, even if it wasn't opened, I'd still be notified.…A chat window would open.…
And I can see them talking to me.…
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Sheets Essential Trainingwith Sally Norred2h 50m Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 23s Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Docs
Navigating Google Docs2m 58s
2. Editing Google Docs
3. Working with Images
4. Working with Tables
5. Working with Google Docs
6. Collaborating with, and Sharing, Google Docs
7. Using Google Docs on a Mobile Device
Working with docs in the app3m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.