When you're done with a file, it goes to the trash in Google Drive. Learn how to delete and restore a doc in Google Docs.
- There's a few ways to delete a Google doc. … The first way is in the doc, itself. … To remove it and send it to trash with the doc open, … click File from the top menu … and select Move to trash. … I'll be told that the file has been moved to the trash. … If I did that by mistake, I can immediately click … Take out of trash. … For now, though, I'll click … Go to Docs home screen. … It's going to bring me to my Google Docs home screen … which I can access by pointing my browser … to Docs.Google.com. … The second way that I'm going to show you … is more common. … I'm going to close out of this. … And that method is by deleting it from … Google Drive, itself. … To access Google Drive, I point in my browser … to Drive.Google.com. … Remember, only Google Docs are stored in my Google Drive. … So it's an easy way to see an overview … of everything I have in a particular folder. … For example, I'll click to expand the contents … of MyDrive and I'll go to my New Hire Manuals folder. … Here's my Company Information For New Hires doc …
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
Gmail Essential Training (2018)with Jess Stratton1h 26m Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 21m Beginner
1. Get Started with Google Docs
2. Edit Google Docs
3. Work with Images
4. Create Tables, Columns, and Charts
5. Work with Google Docs
6. Collaborate on and Share Google Docs
7. Use Google Docs on a Mobile Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.