Styles and headers work together to form the Document Outline. Learn how to create a table of contents in your Google Doc.
- [Instructor] You can add a table of contents … to your Google Doc so that anybody who's reading this … on a computer can click their mouse and quickly go … to the correct area that they want to read. … Table of contents use the heading styles in your document. … So the first thing that you should do … is go through all the sections that you want to appear … in your table of contents and make sure … that they're correctly set to the right heading. … For example, this mission statement is set to heading two. … If anything wasn't, you can click and drag and highlight … and change to the appropriate heading style. … Before you create a table of contents, … I do want to show you something neat … that's unique to Google Docs. … It's called the document outline, … and it also uses those headings. … It's built-in, so you don't actually need to go in … and create that table of contents if you don't want to. … I'm going to click Show document outline, ta-da! … Instantly, this appears! … These are all the things from my headings. …
- Identify the steps needed to successfully create Google Docs.
- Differentiate between headers, footers, and footnotes within Google Docs.
- Explain how to correctly assign permission levels to others when sharing and collaborating Google Docs.
- Explore how to place charts and images within Google Docs.
- Determine whether edits and revisions are made to Google Docs.
- Recognize where Google Docs are located, shared, and saved.
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 21m Beginner
1. Get Started with Google Docs
2. Edit Google Docs
3. Work with Images
4. Create Tables, Columns, and Charts
5. Work with Google Docs
6. Collaborate on and Share Google Docs
7. Use Google Docs on a Mobile Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.