A plain blank document can be overwhelming. In this video, author Jess Stratton shows you how to find prebuilt templates in Google Docs. From categories ranging from letters to resumes, to lesson plans to work meeting minutes and newsletters, there is something for everyone. Finally, she shows you how to replace text and images with their own.
- [Instructor] Google Docs comes with a great…set of templates to get you started…on your next project.…It's easy to miss them, so here's how you can find them.…There are two ways to do it from having…an existing doc open.…You can click File from the top menu,…hover your mouse over New,…and instead of choosing a blank Document,…you can click From template down at the bottom.…It's going to open up the template screen in Google Docs.…Now, we will get back to this screen,…but I'm going to close out of it for a moment…because I'm going to show you another way.…
You can also get back to the root…of the Google Docs screen by clicking…the blue icon at the very top left-hand side of the screen…to get to Google Docs home.…It's the same thing as entering…docs.google.com into your browser.…From this main screen, you can see all of…your recent Google Docs, and click on one…to start editing it, but you can also start a new document.…Usually you'll click Blank, but there's so many…other great templates to choose from.…On the top right-hand side of the screen,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Downloading files as PDFs or Word documents
- Using Docs templates
- Finding and adding additional fonts
- Copying styles with Paint Format
- Replacing text as your type
- Finding images using the Research tool
- Tagging others in comments
- Turning on Suggesting mode for collaborators
- Creating flowcharts with Google Drawings
- Translating documents into different languages