- It's easy to copy and move a document.…I've got this document all done.…And maybe I want to create a similar document…while not wanting to start over from scratch again.…The first thing I need to do is…make a copy of this document.…To do that, click File from the top menu…and select Make a copy.…It defaults to adding the word Copy of…in front of the existing document…but you can change the name of it.…For example, I'll take the Copy of out and I'll change…the words New Hires to Existing Employees.…
We haven't gone over sharing a document yet.…But if we had, I could choose…to share it with the same people.…I'll click the blue OK button.…My copy document is created and it opens up in a new tab.…I can actually move back and forth…between my old document and my new one.…I can tell which document I'm on because of the title.…In fact, at any time I could rename a document…by clicking on the document title…and it opens a Rename dialog box.…I could enter a new name if I wanted to…and click the blue OK button.…
For now I'll click Cancel.…
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Google Docs
Navigating Google Docs2m 58s
2. Editing Google Docs
3. Working with Images
4. Working with Tables
5. Working with Google Docs
6. Collaborating with, and Sharing, Google Docs
7. Using Google Docs on a Mobile Device
Working with docs in the app3m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.