Google Docs allows you to make page setup changes to a document just like any other word processing application. You can change the portrait vs. landscape orientation, the page margins, and even add headers and footers. Staff author Jess Stratton shows you where to make these changes in a Google Doc, and how to set them as the default for future docs.
- [Instructor] Google Docs is an incredibly robust…word processor you can use right from your web browser.…While it's easy to create a new document and start typing,…sometimes you need a few tweaks here and there.…Let's start with the page set up changes you can make.…With a document open in the browser,…click file from the top left-hand side of the screen,…and choose page set up, all the way near the bottom.…Here's where you can change the page orientation.…For example, from portrait to landscape mode.…
You can also choose the paper size.…The choices here are similar to any other…word processing application you would find.…You can change the page color of your document.…This will change the background color.…Finally, you can change the margins.…Maybe you need a little bit of extra room…on the left hand, or the right hand side.…Once you've made your changes,…you can also click set as default…to make these the default choices…for any future Google Docs that you create.…When you're happy with your changes,…click the blue okay button,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Downloading files as PDFs or Word documents
- Using Docs templates
- Finding and adding additional fonts
- Copying styles with Paint Format
- Replacing text as your type
- Finding images using the Research tool
- Tagging others in comments
- Turning on Suggesting mode for collaborators
- Creating flowcharts with Google Drawings
- Translating documents into different languages