Collaboration is at the heart of Google Docs. When a document is shared with others, you can comment for anyone else to see who has access to that document. You can also reply to someone else's comment, and resolve and hide a comment discussion. In this video, author Jess Stratton shows you some basics of using comments in Google Docs.
- [Instructor] Collaboration is at the heart…of using Google Drive and Google Docs.…In the complete Google Docs essential training course,…I do show you how to share out a document…and collaborate in real time with other users.…You can in the meantime, however,…add comments for others to see.…You can also view comments that other people…have left for you and resolve those comments.…Let's take a look at our employee manual.…Where I have several back and forth comments that I'm doing…with Cecilia Forteau,…another Landon Hotel worker.…
I'm going to scroll down in this document.…On the right hand side of the pane,…I can see the comments that are in the document.…The yellow highlighting means that's where…a specific comment has been added for this document.…If it's a long document…and I want to get right to the comments I can also…click Comments on the top of the pane…and see them directly.…However, here's where you can see them in line…with where they're commented on…on the actual document itself.…
I left a comment for Cecilia earlier.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Downloading files as PDFs or Word documents
- Using Docs templates
- Finding and adding additional fonts
- Copying styles with Paint Format
- Replacing text as your type
- Finding images using the Research tool
- Tagging others in comments
- Turning on Suggesting mode for collaborators
- Creating flowcharts with Google Drawings
- Translating documents into different languages