- It's easy to add page numbers to your Google Doc.…Click Insert from the top menu and select Page number.…You need to decide whether you want your page numbers…to be at the top of the page, in the header,…or at the bottom of the page, in the footer.…I'll choose the Bottom of the page,…and you'll see the page number inserted into the footer.…Note that any existing footer you have in there…is left alone and untouched.…There's something else that you can do with page numbers.…You can also include a total page count,…which is helpful to tell the reader of your document…what page they're currently on…and how many pages there are.…
Here's my page number.…I'm going to now type the word of, type a space,…come back into the Insert menu,…and choose Page count.…It's going to insert the total page count…that is continuously updated as I add more pages.…I'm going to click away from this footer,…so that we can see what it looks like.…Now I can see at the bottom that this is page 1 of 3.…If I scroll down, it's updated to page 2 of 3,…
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Google Docs
Navigating Google Docs2m 58s
2. Editing Google Docs
3. Working with Images
4. Working with Tables
5. Working with Google Docs
6. Collaborating with, and Sharing, Google Docs
7. Using Google Docs on a Mobile Device
Working with docs in the app3m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.