Even if you aren't working at the same time, you can still talk to collaborators. In this video, learn how to leave a comment on a Google Doc.
- You can read comments as well as leave comments … with the people that you're collaborating with … on a Google Doc. … To view comments, click the Comments button … on the top right-hand side of the screen, … next to Share. … You can first change your notifications settings … for this doc. … For example, you can click this button … to get notified on every new comment, … only on replies to you for comments that you made, … or no notifications. … The default is all, … so if you're happy with getting all notifications … about every comment, … then you don't have to worry about clicking this. … I can see that there's one comment here. … To see where this is in context of the doc, … I can click on it and it's going to take me … right to where that comment was left. … Here's the paragraph that the comment has been left in. … And if I read it, it says that … "we do have a newer version of our mission statement." … There's a few things that I can do here. … I can reply to the comment. … If I reply, Amy will get a notification that I have seen it …
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 21m Beginner
1. Get Started with Google Docs
2. Edit Google Docs
3. Work with Images
4. Create Tables, Columns, and Charts
5. Work with Google Docs
6. Collaborate on and Share Google Docs
7. Use Google Docs on a Mobile Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.