Google Sheets allows you to add an additional Y-axis to a chart. This makes it possible to see data in a new way and possibly show correlations that weren't noticeable before. Jess Stratton shows users how to add the additional axis.
- [Instructor] While looking at a chart is useful,…sometimes it's even more useful to be able to add…an additional y axis to the chart.…This can help you quickly see correlations…that you might not know about otherwise.…Let's see this in action.…I'm going to select all my data,…this is a spreadsheet containing cities,…how many pledges were received in each city…and how many new volunteer sign ups did we get?…Naturally the new volunteers sign ups…are going to be lower than the amount of pledges.…The problem with this is that when I create my chart…by clicking insert chart, I'll choose a bar chart.…
Once we add the new volunteer sign ups to that chart,…because the number of volunteer sign ups are very low…it's not really giving me any usable information here.…I'll click insert however so that we can see it…on the sheet and I'll move it out of the way…a little bit so that we can see our data…over here on the left.…So I have here a somewhat not very useful chart,…but I can right click on this chart,…choose series and from here I'm going…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Explain why it is beneficial to use a template spreadsheet in Google Sheets rather than start from scratch.
- Name the action you would need to take to make data fit in a column on a Google sheet.
- List the steps to include multiple lines in a cell.
- Explain how to use the iframe code for a chart when publishing it to a website.
- Recall the main advantage of using IFTTT services with Google Sheets.
- Recognize situations where Google Sheets email notifications would be useful.