Learn about best use cases and data workloads for Cloud Spanner. Recommended workloads include mission-critical operational workloads, including those at global scale.
- [Narrator] So,…since we covered some of the theoretical aspects of Spanner,…let's get practical.…When would you wanna use it?…You'd wanna use it for solutions…where you absolutely want or need…relational database features.…In particular, ANSI SQL query ability…and transactions that you can control.…So I like to make it very simple and say,…when your solution is dealing with some financial aspect,…or literally money,…and it needs to be transactually consistent.…There's other use cases around transactional consistency…I've been doing some work in Bioinformatics for example,…and diagnostics often require transactional consistency.…
It's just another use case.…Another reason to use Google Cloud Spanner would be,…when you have more data than Google Cloud SQL can handle.…Cloud Spanner, according to Google,…has virtually no size limit.…This is really interesting.…Not only in the Google world…but also across other cloud vendors.…Up until now, the largest relational database…on the cloud has been from Amazon.…It's Amazon Aurora.…
- What is Cloud Spanner?
- Creating an instance and database using the console
- Making hot schema updates
- Cloud Spanner queries
- Loading data into Cloud Spanner
- Understanding transactions
- Cloud Spanner DevOps tools
- Auditing logs with Stackdriver
- Cost optimization
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Cloud Storage and Data Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery2h 54m Intermediate
Google Cloud Platform Essential Trainingwith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Why Cloud Spanner?
2. Cloud Spanner Basics
3. Cloud Spanner Queries
4. Cloud Spanner DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.