Course prerequisites include knowledge of RDBMS and cloud technologies.
- [Instructor] To get the most out of this class, it'll be helpful if you have some kind of background having worked with relational database systems. These can include on premise systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, or the like. Or cloud-based systems, and that could be SQL Azure, Aurora, or other cloud-based systems. Also, it will be helpful if you've had some experience working with the Google Cloud. Now I've got another course on LinkedIn Learning called Google Cloud Platform Essentials, so if you're totally new to Google Cloud you might want to take a look at that first, although it's not required.
Because we're focusing on the mechanics of working with a cloud scale relational database system, it's most important to have experience working with databases to get the most out of this course.
- What is Cloud Spanner?
- Creating an instance and database using the console
- Making hot schema updates
- Cloud Spanner queries
- Loading data into Cloud Spanner
- Understanding transactions
- Cloud Spanner DevOps tools
- Auditing logs with Stackdriver
- Cost optimization
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Cloud Storage and Data Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery2h 54m Intermediate
Google Cloud Platform Essential Trainingwith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Why Cloud Spanner?
2. Cloud Spanner Basics
3. Cloud Spanner Queries
4. Cloud Spanner DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.