Get started with Google Cloud Spanner. Learn how to use Cloud Spanner for operational database workloads by efficiently loading and querying relational data.
- Hi, and welcome to Google Cloud Spanner First Look, I'm Lynn Langit. In this course, we're gonna take a look at a new product that Google released as a beta just shortly before this recording. So you might wonder, "Why are we looking at it already, "if it's a beta product?" Well I'm really excited because it's a new kind of product. It's a cloud based relational database, which doesn't sound exciting, but I think it is. And the reason it is, is because it's globally scalable, highly available, easily partitionable, and transactionally consistent.
A lot of big fancy words for saying, taking the technologies that so many of us are familiar with, and allowing us to scale them in a very, very good value up on the cloud. This is exciting to me. In the course, we're gonna take a look at the what, why, when, where and how of Spanner. Even though it's a new product, it's remarkably mature because it's based on technologies that Google has been using to host it's own internal mission-critical workloads for many, many years.
So I'm ready to dive in, are you? Let's get started.
- What is Cloud Spanner?
- Creating an instance and database using the console
- Making hot schema updates
- Cloud Spanner queries
- Loading data into Cloud Spanner
- Understanding transactions
- Cloud Spanner DevOps tools
- Auditing logs with Stackdriver
- Cost optimization