See how to use a Python script to verify that you've set up and configured your development environment to use the GCP SDK to connect to your Cloud Spanner instance.
- [Instructor] After you've verified…that your environment has these three dependencies…and click the links and set this up if need be,…download the sample, extracted it,…then you want to make sure you're in that directory,…and use this command to create…an isolated Python environment…and install the dependencies.…I'm gonna copy it.…And let it complete.…All right, now we're ready to test our connection.…
So in the exercise files, we have three files,…and then I have a shell command…that basically just tells us how to run this…from the terminal, so in this case,…we're just going to start the Python interpretor…and then ask the Python interpretor to run this Python file.…Now a tip that I have, I just included it in this file,…is if you're authentication cookie times out…or you have some problem with it when you go to run it,…this is the auth, it's not valid,…then run this from the terminal, gcloud auth…application-default login,…which will reauth your application…because there is timeout values that come into play.…
- What is Cloud Spanner?
- Creating an instance and database using the console
- Making hot schema updates
- Cloud Spanner queries
- Loading data into Cloud Spanner
- Understanding transactions
- Cloud Spanner DevOps tools
- Auditing logs with Stackdriver
- Cost optimization
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Cloud Storage and Data Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery2h 54m Intermediate
Google Cloud Platform Essential Trainingwith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Why Cloud Spanner?
2. Cloud Spanner Basics
3. Cloud Spanner Queries
4. Cloud Spanner DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.