Join Kumaran Ponnambalam for an in-depth discussion in this video Use case (UC) notes, part of Data Science on Google Cloud Platform: Architecting Solutions.
- [Instructor] Let me describe to you our general approach for Use Cases in the rest of the course There are four use cases in this course that will be used to illustrate applications of GCP Technologies to build data science architectures. The use cases will be a combination of GCP native and other open-source technologies. I will evaluate their suitability for this specific use case and recommend the most appropriate solution. The use cases will also cover Hybrid Cloud. This is a combination of using Enterprise-deployed and Cloud-deployed components to build a hybrid end-to-end solution. I want to stress the fact that data science is not just machine learning. It involves building end-to-end data pipelines and analytics that acquire, transport, process, store and analyze data to provide actionable insights. Here is how the Use Case videos will be organized. First, I will describe and analyze the business problem being solved in this use case. This includes the architectural goals for the use case. Then, I will outline an architectural solution to the problem. In this outline, we focus on the key building blocks needed and their responsibilities. Building blocks are by purpose, say a database or a queue, they are not technology options. Next, for each of the building blocks in the architecture, I will evaluate technology options available in GCP. These options are evaluated based on the goals set for the use case. I will then recommend the most appropriate technology option. Now, I will finish the outline architecture with the technology options chosen to arrive at the final architecture for this use case. Finally, I will dwell upon some of the key design elements and best practices to consider in this course. Let's now jump in to the course.
- Benefits and shortcomings of GCP
- Enterprise and multicloud integrations
- Comparing GCP technology options
- Outlining solutions for various problems
- Analyzing use cases and best fits