In this video, explore additional details to consider for the services in the cloud data archive architecture.
- [Instructor] What are some of the key elements … and best practices to keep in mind for this use case? … The first and foremost thing is cost control. … While architects get excited about cloud technologies … and want to harness them to the max, … they should be aware of what it costs them … on an ongoing basis. … If you are not careful, you might end up … with a huge monthly bill which your finance department … is not going to like. … So plan, track and manage storage, access … and transfer costs for data in GCP. … Use methods that are appropriate for the use case … and don't go overboard. … Here are some cost saving ideas. … Compress data that is being transferred … from enterprise to cloud to reduce bandwidth requirements. … Transfer data in batches instead of single records or files. … Batching helps reduce cost. … Choose appropriate cloud storage classes to minimize costs. … Choose ones that provide what you need … and make sure you don't pay for things you don't need. … The same rule applies while selecting databases too. …
- Benefits and shortcomings of GCP
- Enterprise and multicloud integrations
- Comparing GCP technology options
- Outlining solutions for various problems
- Analyzing use cases and best fits
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecting in GCP
2. UC1: Cloud Data Archive
3. UC2: Log Analytics
4. UC3: Customer Analytics
5. UC4: Real-Time Mobile Couponing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.