Understand how to set up the GCP SDK for use with Cloud Spanner.
- [Instructor] So let's get setup…so we can start actually working with Spanner.…Now if you're totally new to the Google Cloud…you might want to pause at this point…and I'll overlay a link here to my…course that I mentioned earlier.…I have like, I think it's a three hour course…on Google Cloud Platform essentials on LinkedIn learning…and you might want to take a look at that,…because I'm going to go through…setting up a little bit quickly…because we want to get into working with Spanner,…but from a high level what I'll be doing via demo here is…I'm going to get a Google Cloud Platform account…and when you're a new user…you need to have a Google email address…and then you can get $300 in credit.…
Then you need to enable billing…and then you need to turn on the Cloud Spanner API in beta…and this really reflects the developer nature of the Cloud…that although there is a console…and there is a scripting interface…Google expects that you will be writing…against the API…with a programming language…so you need to turn that on first.…
- What is Cloud Spanner?
- Creating an instance and database using the console
- Making hot schema updates
- Cloud Spanner queries
- Loading data into Cloud Spanner
- Understanding transactions
- Cloud Spanner DevOps tools
- Auditing logs with Stackdriver
- Cost optimization
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Cloud Storage and Data Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery2h 54m Intermediate
Google Cloud Platform Essential Trainingwith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Why Cloud Spanner?
2. Cloud Spanner Basics
3. Cloud Spanner Queries
4. Cloud Spanner DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.