See how to download and configure the GCP client SDK. See how to authenticate a client using the gcloud auth login command.
- [Instructor] In order to load data into Spanners,…we can see it in action,…we're gonna take some parts from Google's own tutorial here,…and I'm gonna work through the Python,…but you can see that there are…getting started in Go, Java, and Node js.…So from a high level what this tutorial allows us to do…is to create a Cloud Spanner instance and database.…Write, read and execute SQL queries on data in the database.…That's the part we're gonna do in this movie.…Then do some updates, and look some more…at some of the capabilities of Spanner,…but we're gonna really focus on this part…in this particular tutorial.…
Now you may remember from previous movies,…we already have an instance and a database.…So we're gonna skip down to the sections…after we setup for Python to do the load of data.…So the first thing that we're gonna need to do…is we're gonna need to do the setup.…So we're gonna open a new tab,…and on the setup page we're going to work…with the Google Cloud software development kit…or the SDK.…And we're going to download this.…
- What is Cloud Spanner?
- Creating an instance and database using the console
- Making hot schema updates
- Cloud Spanner queries
- Loading data into Cloud Spanner
- Understanding transactions
- Cloud Spanner DevOps tools
- Auditing logs with Stackdriver
- Cost optimization
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Cloud Storage and Data Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery2h 54m Intermediate
Google Cloud Platform Essential Trainingwith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Why Cloud Spanner?
2. Cloud Spanner Basics
3. Cloud Spanner Queries
4. Cloud Spanner DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.