See built-in IAM permissions available for use with Cloud Spanner in the console. Look at the Cloud Spanner API to see the most granular security permissions available, including statement level permissions.
- [Voiceover] In this section, we're going to talk about…aspects of Spanner that relate to administration.…Sometimes this is called DevOps.…Now, I'm just going to caution that this product…has been in beta for one month. So again,…I have realistic, sort of, expectations, I…think, about this.…This is not a general availability,…and I think Google just really, rightfully,…wanted to get the product out…so people could get their hands on it.…That being said, there's some rough edges here…as far as the beta, but I am sure Google will…smooth these out, but I'm gonna show you…the state of the product as it is now.…So the first thing is a round of security…which is, of course, of paramount importance, for…a mission-critical set of workloads that you'd actually…put on Spanner.…
I'm going to show you've what we've got right now…in terms Google Cloud IAM permissions and roles.…And there's some interesting work being done here.…We've got pre-created roles that relate to Spanner…administration, and we have got some pretty good granularity…
- What is Cloud Spanner?
- Creating an instance and database using the console
- Making hot schema updates
- Cloud Spanner queries
- Loading data into Cloud Spanner
- Understanding transactions
- Cloud Spanner DevOps tools
- Auditing logs with Stackdriver
- Cost optimization
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Cloud Storage and Data Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery2h 54m Intermediate
Google Cloud Platform Essential Trainingwith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Why Cloud Spanner?
2. Cloud Spanner Basics
3. Cloud Spanner Queries
4. Cloud Spanner DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.