Understand the status of this product in terms of product maturity, which includes security, partner ecosystem and usability of tools.
- [Instructor] Given the amount of time…that Spanner has been available, a couple of months in beta…as of this recoding, the maturity is, actually,…pretty astounding, but yes and no considering Google…has been using a version of this internally…for some of their most mission critical work loads,…such as their own ad words for many, many years.…The stability, and the scalability,…and the performance of the product has been battle tested.…That being said, taking a service…that's used inside of Google,…and making it a product that's commercially available…does require some more fit and finish.…
So some of the areas of Spanner…that I'll be looking for improvements,…and more features to come as Google moves from beta to GA…and you should too, around these areas.…So the granularity of security.…Although the API has a lot of levels of granularity,…I really like to see the security exposed…through the different tools, to a level of granularity…that's familiar for DBA's.…So security down to the table level,…down to the row level, so on and so forth.…
- What is Cloud Spanner?
- Creating an instance and database using the console
- Making hot schema updates
- Cloud Spanner queries
- Loading data into Cloud Spanner
- Understanding transactions
- Cloud Spanner DevOps tools
- Auditing logs with Stackdriver
- Cost optimization
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Cloud Storage and Data Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery2h 54m Intermediate
Google Cloud Platform Essential Trainingwith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Why Cloud Spanner?
2. Cloud Spanner Basics
3. Cloud Spanner Queries
4. Cloud Spanner DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.