In this video, get a review of the shortcomings of GCP to consider when moving applications to the cloud.
- While GCP provides a number of advantages over traditional … technologies and data centers, there are shortcomings too. … The first challenge is portability to other platforms, … especially if you use GCP native … technologies for your solutions. … Be aware that GCP native technologies … like BigQuery, Cloud Spanner and Pub/Sub, … don't work in an enterprise setup … or alternative cloud platforms like AWS. … GCP is a fast-growing platform … and there is a significant feature change happening. … UI's and APA's get obsolete which results … in retraining and redevelopment. … I expect this to settle down after some time though. … GCP charges customers based on resource usage. … If you are not keeping track of how much resources you are … using, you will be surprised by your monthly charges. … Resource management and throttling … is key to keeping GCP costs under control. … Any technology or platform needs … a support system of skilled labor force … and good documentation and training material. …
- Benefits and shortcomings of GCP
- Enterprise and multicloud integrations
- Comparing GCP technology options
- Outlining solutions for various problems
- Analyzing use cases and best fits
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecting in GCP
2. UC1: Cloud Data Archive
3. UC2: Log Analytics
4. UC3: Customer Analytics
5. UC4: Real-Time Mobile Couponing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.