In this video, get an overview of enterprise cloud integrations that are becoming popular in the GCP world.
- [Instructor] One of the most interesting use cases that has emerged with the cloud platforms like GCP and AWS is Enterprise Cloud Hybrid integrations. Given the popularity of these we have included some use cases for these in this course. What is Enterprise Cloud Hybrid? In a pure Enterprise platform, all hardware, software, and data reside in an Enterprise Data Center fully managed by the enterprise team. In a pure cloud platform, all hardware, software and data run in a cloud platform like GCP, there is no footprint within the Enterprise. In an Enterprise Cloud Hybrid, the hardware, software, and data are distributed between the Enterprise and the cloud. Functionality is split to optimize for manageability and performance costs. Enterprise Data Centers are typically used to run legacy applications to transaction processing and take care of highly sensitive data. Cloud is typically used for data archival, web applications, portals, and machine learning. Enterprise Cloud Hybrid platforms are gaining increasing popularity for a number of reasons. It allows for gradual adaptation of the cloud. Organizations can gradually move their Enterprise footprint to the cloud. They can move applications one by one while they gain familiarity with the cloud. One of the key considerations for Enterprise Cloud is bandwidth. If there is heavy communications between the Enterprise and cloud services, it will result in higher bandwidth and higher costs. Security is another advantage with Hybrid. Organizations can continue to keep sensitive data within their Enterprise until they gain familiarity and confidence with cloud platforms. Another important thing to consider is portability of applications between the Enterprise and cloud. If portability is a key requirement care should be taken to choose technologies that can work in both Enterprise and cloud setups
- Benefits and shortcomings of GCP
- Enterprise and multicloud integrations
- Comparing GCP technology options
- Outlining solutions for various problems
- Analyzing use cases and best fits