See how GCP Stackdriver performance monitoring dashboards can be quickly created to measure key Spanner metrics, such as CPU utilization.
- [Instructor] Stackdriver is a new tool…that's available with Google Cloud Platform products…including Spanner and this tool is a company…that Google bought, so they actually have a separate…set of dashboards as of this recording,…but they are moving to fully integrate this.…So, this is an example dashboard showing Spanner activity…that I created in preparation for this course.…So, just like any other sort of application dashboard…you can pull in information from logs…and from various metrics and make the dashboards…that suit your needs.…
So, I'm going to go over and demonstrate…and show you how this works.…So, here I am in my instance and I'm going to go ahead…and…type stackdriver…and I won't get the word stackdriver but what I want…is monitoring and this little icon right here…means that an external console will launch.…I need to authenticate again…and the first time I log in, I need to create an account.…Click Continue.…
Click Continue again.…Click Continue.…Click No Reports.…Click Continue.…Click Launch Monitoring.…
- What is Cloud Spanner?
- Creating an instance and database using the console
- Making hot schema updates
- Cloud Spanner queries
- Loading data into Cloud Spanner
- Understanding transactions
- Cloud Spanner DevOps tools
- Auditing logs with Stackdriver
- Cost optimization
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Cloud Storage and Data Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery2h 54m Intermediate
Google Cloud Platform Essential Trainingwith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Why Cloud Spanner?
2. Cloud Spanner Basics
3. Cloud Spanner Queries
4. Cloud Spanner DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.