In this video, Jess Stratton shows how to change how to get notified of new events and meetings. From emails to popups, you can control all aspects of the event.
- [Instructor] You can be notified when…your upcoming meetings and events are.…In fact you have several choices.…You can be notified by email message or popup.…But let's go in and set and adjust reminders…for each individual calendar entry.…After that I'll show you how to change…the default for every one of them.…I'm going to go and double click on my meeting.…Halfway down the page, I can see my notification options.…By default, if I'm on the Google Calendar website…or if I'm using Chrome and just browsing,…I'll get a popup reminder 15 minutes…before this event is supposed to happen.…
Also if I've connected this Google Calendar…to my mobile phone or tablet, I'll get…a notification on that also.…You'll notice that there's dropdowns here.…I can change any aspect of this.…For example, if instead of a popup…I want to get an email instead, I can change it.…Instead of minutes, I can change that to hours,…days, even weeks.…I can also change the time here.…If I want it for 10 minutes, I can adjust it.…I can also delete it entirely.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Navigating Google Calendar
- Creating events, including all-day and repeating events
- Inviting guests
- Adding rooms and resources
- Responding to invitations
- Creating secondary calendars
- Sharing calendars
- Searching for events
- Working with the Google Calendar mobile app