In this video, Jess Stratton shows how to use the Google Calendar app for mobile devices, including viewing settings and creating appointments.
- [Instructor] Google Calendar has its own mobile app.…It's easy to use and it's fun.…If this is the first time you're launching…the Google Calendar app,…you may get a prompt whether or not…you want to allow it access to know your phone's location.…It's up to you to decide what you're comfortable with.…To get started, you can scroll through all the dates…and swipe with your finger.…In fact, you can even choose the date picker…at the very top of the screen to go back and forth also.…At any time to get back to today's date,…tap the calendar icon…on the top right-hand side of the screen.…
You can move around some more…and tap on things to open them up.…If Google recognizes the title of the event,…they can put in a fun icon to go along with it.…I'll close out of this by tapping the X.…I can also quickly create a new event…by tapping the plus sign…on the bottom right-hand side of the screen…just like on the web.…I'm prompted to create a goal, a reminder, or an event.…In this case, I'll tap event.…To choose what calendar…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Navigating Google Calendar
- Creating events, including all-day and repeating events
- Inviting guests
- Adding rooms and resources
- Responding to invitations
- Creating secondary calendars
- Sharing calendars
- Searching for events
- Working with the Google Calendar mobile app