In this video, Jess Stratton shows how to subscribe to iCal format calendars and browse other interesting calendars by Google.
- [Instructor] In addition to adding another Google…account calendar as an overlay to yours,…you can also subscribe to a non-Google account calendar.…It needs to be in iCal format,…which ends with the file extension .ics.…This file format is a generic Internet calendar,…so if somebody else uses a different calendar program…than Google, and it allows them to share out their calendar…in this ICS format, you can subscribe to it…and see it here on yours.…To add these calendars, click the plus sign…next to Add a friend's calendar.…
Choose From URL.…It allows you to paste in the URL.…Now, somebody needs to share that for you,…or if you find it on the Internet,…it needs to end in a .ics format.…You can paste it in,…click the blue Add Calendar button, and it will show up.…For now, I'll click the back button on Settings,…and let's do this one more time…with a public Google calendar.…I'll click the plus sign next to Add a friend's calendar…again, but instead of choosing From URL,…I'm going to choose Browse calendars of interest.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Navigating Google Calendar
- Creating events, including all-day and repeating events
- Inviting guests
- Adding rooms and resources
- Responding to invitations
- Creating secondary calendars
- Sharing calendars
- Searching for events
- Working with the Google Calendar mobile app