In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how easy it is to take a Google Calendar and embed it onto a webpage. She'll take users through choosing a calendar to embed, customizing the size and display items, and copying and pasting the code onto a website. Finally, she'll show users how different views are embedded, such as week, month and agenda view.
- [Voiceover] You can easily embed…a Google calendar onto a webpage.…Let's take our Volunteer opportunities calendar…that we created in the last video.…I'm going to hide all the other calendars…so that we can get a clear look at this one…to see all the events that are on it.…I'll change to month view.…Here you can see we have some events…and I'd like to share this on our website…so that other people can see what's going on…and sign up for these opportunities.…To add a calendar to a webpage,…hover your mouse over the calendar on the left hand side…and click the drop down arrow.…
- List your options for creating an event with the Google search bar.
- Explain how to create a multiday event.
- Recall how to identify what calendar an event belongs to after you change the event’s color.
- Recognize which default view gives you a flat view of all events when customizing a specific calendar to place it on a webpage.
- Recall whether the year is available by default.