In this video, Jess Stratton shows several different ways to create events on a secondary calendar, including making sure they are visible on both.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our new family calendar,…let's start creating entries on it.…The easiest way is to click on the time and date slot…that you want your event created on,…and start creating the event as normal.…The time and date are all set,…and in the default calendar area, there's a new drop-down.…If I click on that, my new calendar shows up…as an option to select.…Once I click on it, instantly the color of that event…changes to the default color of the new calendar,…and I can click the save button.…
Now I can very quickly tell just by looking at it…what calendar it's on.…I can also create an event by clicking the red circle…on the bottom right-hand of the screen,…and it's going to bring up the full screen.…I'll add another title.…I'll set a time and a date.…And down in the middle of the screen,…once again, I can click a drop-down next to…the default calendar name.…
I'll choose my family calendar.…The color changes to that of the family calendar that we set…but I can manually override this,…I'll click the down arrow to select a new event color.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Navigating Google Calendar
- Creating events, including all-day and repeating events
- Inviting guests
- Adding rooms and resources
- Responding to invitations
- Creating secondary calendars
- Sharing calendars
- Searching for events
- Working with the Google Calendar mobile app