In this video, Jess Stratton shows how you can book appointment slots in a calendar. This is useful for professors, hair salons, and any professional who books appointments with clients regularly.
- [Narrator] If you're Google Apps for work, education,…or government user, you may also know it as G Suite,…you're entitled to a neat feature that's called…appointment slots.…Appointment slots gives you the ability…to let other people book an appointment…directly on your Google calendar…from a time frame that you specify.…This is useful for booking a thirty minute or…one hour, or even a fifty minute time slot…if you are a professor that has office hours.…It's also good if you are in a business…that creates appointment based meetings…like a hair salon or a computer tutor.…
To get started, click on your calendar.…You can start by adding a title,…I'll call it office hours.…I know I'm in the G Suite version because I have a…button here that says reminder and appointment slots.…I'm interested in appointment slots.…Here I can see I'm booking an hour…and the slots are going to be a duration of thirty minutes.…Now I can change these.…
I'll click the save button…and my time slots are saved.…I can even drag down with my mouse to extend the time slots.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Navigating Google Calendar
- Creating events, including all-day and repeating events
- Inviting guests
- Adding rooms and resources
- Responding to invitations
- Creating secondary calendars
- Sharing calendars
- Searching for events
- Working with the Google Calendar mobile app