In this video, Jess Stratton shows how to change the way the calendar looks and behaves to make it work for you.
- [Instructor] This is the default view…that comes with Google Calendar,…but it may not be the best view that works for you.…Fortunately you have a lot of options…when it comes to displaying your calendar data.…So let's dive right in and start changing it around.…The first thing we can change is the way…that the view is arranged on the screen.…It defaults to week view, Sunday through Saturday.…If I click on this down at the very bottom of the screen,…I can change it to a Monday through Friday view…by unchecking show weekends.…
It gives me a little bit more area to work…with on the screen.…I'll put it back for now.…I can also change it to day view.…Day view still shows me the time slots,…but it's just today's date.…And I can still use these buttons to navigate…through the previous and next days.…At any time, click today to get back to the current day.…I can change to a month view and it's also important…to note in any of these views, I can still click…on any of these appointments to go directly to them.…
I'll click the X to close it.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Navigating Google Calendar
- Creating events, including all-day and repeating events
- Inviting guests
- Adding rooms and resources
- Responding to invitations
- Creating secondary calendars
- Sharing calendars
- Searching for events
- Working with the Google Calendar mobile app