In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to change the color of individual calendars in a Google Calendar account. It's possible to change the colors of individual calendars as well as other calendars that have been added. In addition, she'll show users how to change the color of individual events themselves.
- [Voiceover] When you create additional calendars,…or you add your coworkers calendars,…Google sets those calendars,…by default, to a different color.…When you're looking at the big calendar grid,…every calendar that you see corresponds…with the color to the left of the calendar title.…This way, you can easily differentiate…which calendar your events are coming from.…However, Google is not perfect,…and sometimes it will set two…calendars to be the same color.…You can easily change those colors.…To change the calendar color,…hover your mouse over the calendar,…and click the arrow to the right of the calendar title.…
You can choose from a list of colors on this grid,…and you can also click choose custom color.…This is going to bring up a dialogue…in which you can use the sliders…and change a color on the grid…to get the exact color that you're looking for.…You can even put the hex value directly in it,…which is useful if you know these values…from a company logo or color theme.…I'll click the X in the top right hand side…
- List your options for creating an event with the Google search bar.
- Explain how to create a multiday event.
- Recall how to identify what calendar an event belongs to after you change the event’s color.
- Recognize which default view gives you a flat view of all events when customizing a specific calendar to place it on a webpage.
- Recall whether the year is available by default.