In this video, Jess Stratton shows how to use a special option for Google Apps for Work users that allows them to book conference rooms for events.
- [Instructor] Your office may have one or several…conference rooms available for you to have your meetings in.…The problem is that everyone else in your organization…also needs to have their own meetings in that same room.…With Google Calendar, in addition to scheduling…other people to attend your meeting or event,…you can also simultaneously book a conference room,…or any other resource, so that someone else will know…that it will be in use during a particular timeframe.…The ability to book a conference room with your meetings…is only available through Google Apps for Work,…Education, and Government users, not the free account.…
In fact, only designated admins can set up those rooms…for you to choose your meetings.…I do have a calendar appointment open up right now,…and I'm in a Google Apps account.…I can tell, because I have a new tab next to Guests,…called Rooms.…Here's where I could type a particular room name,…if I knew it.…I can also type a location,…if I'm in a large enough company that has multiple sites.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Navigating Google Calendar
- Creating events, including all-day and repeating events
- Inviting guests
- Adding rooms and resources
- Responding to invitations
- Creating secondary calendars
- Sharing calendars
- Searching for events
- Working with the Google Calendar mobile app