In this video, Jess Stratton shows how to sync your Google Calendar with a desktop app such as Mac Mail. The notifications are from the desktop and the sync occurs both ways.
- [Narrator] You can sync your Google Calendar…to popular desktop software, like Microsoft Outlook,…a Windows calendar, or the Mac Calendar app.…All these events that you see here,…and the ones that we've been creating,…can be synced down to a desktop computer,…whether it's Windows or Mac.…In my Outlook courses I show you how to…add a Google account in Windows.…So I'm not going to do that here.…But let's add it to the Mac desktop.…I'm going to open up the calendar and from here,…I'm going to click 'Calendar' and then 'Add Account'.…
As you can see there is a lot of choices…that you can add to this calendar.…I'm going to select Google and click 'Continue'.…I'll put in the Google account name that…I've been using all this time, click the blue 'NEXT' button.…Now I'll put in the password, I'll click 'NEXT' again.…And here's where I can choose what…I want to use with this account.…I can sync Mac Mail, Contacts,…Messages and Notes with my Google account.…
Normally, if this was my desktop,…I would probably want to select all of these things,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Navigating Google Calendar
- Creating events, including all-day and repeating events
- Inviting guests
- Adding rooms and resources
- Responding to invitations
- Creating secondary calendars
- Sharing calendars
- Searching for events
- Working with the Google Calendar mobile app