Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with email, part of Learning Google Apps Script (2013).
There are two ways to send mail within Google Apps Script.…The Gmail service and the Mail service.…The Mail service can only send mail.…Whereas, the Gmail service can access the…user's Gmail account including messages, labels, and attachments.…And, of course, it can send mail.…The GmailApp Class has an enormous number of methods and I…encourage you to check out the documentation to see all of them.…For this movie, I'll send a message and…then star some messages that match a particular…search query.…That should get you started working with the Gmail service for your own projects.…
In the Script Editor, I'll use the send email method of the GmailApp Class.…The first argument is the recipient's email address, then the subjects and body.…The body of the message can be plain text or HTML, but…keep in mind that the message can't exceed 20 kilobytes, excluding attachments.…There's an optional argument at the end for…options, which is an object that you can use…to specify CC and BCC recipients, Reply to…or No Reply options and Attachments or in-line images.…
- What is Google Apps Script?
- Creating and editing files with Apps Services
- Storing data for your script
- Using events and triggers in containers
- Building custom spreadsheet functions
- Sharing your script as a web app
- Serving JSON or XML from your script
- Publishing your app in the Chrome Web Store