Learn what Google Hangouts is, what it can be used for, who might use it, and how it might be used in a variety of different scenarios.
- [Instructor] Well, just before we begin using…Google Hangouts, many of you may be wondering…what Hangouts is exactly, who uses it, and how.…That's what we're going to explore in this movie.…And if you already have experience with Google Hangouts…this will likely be a review,…and you may even want to skip this movie.…But for those new to Hangouts,…this movie will give you a good foundation.…So what is Google Hangouts?…Simply put, it's a communication service…that's built into Gmail and Google+ that allows members…to start or participate in text, voice, and video chats,…either one-on-one or in a group.…
What exactly is a member?…Well, that's anyone with a Google account.…And a Google account can be one of the following.…Firstly is the basic Gmail or Google account that's free.…This account ends in @gmail.com.…Now this free account gives you access to a free mailbox…and other free services like Google Docs, Calendar,…Maps, and of course, Google Hangouts.…Next is Google+, and Google+ is more of a social platform…
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Docs Advanced Tips and Trickswith Jess Stratton58m 18s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Google Hangouts
2. Messaging and Text Hangouts
3. Video and Phone Hangouts
4. Hangouts on Mobile Devices
5. Set Up Contacts
6. Set Hangout Preferences
Change your profile picture3m 50s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.