Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Google Apps Script?, part of Learning Google Apps Script (2013).
AdSense, analytics, BigQuery, prediction, tasks, and UrlShortener. As if that weren't enough, Google Apps Script also supports a number of services like charts, a couple of database options, remote data access, and more. Google Apps Script programs are hosted by Google, so there's no need to have your own web server to work with them. And conversely, that means you can't run Google Apps Script programs locally on your computer or on your own web server. You're playing in Google's Sandbox, but they give you an awesome amount of access to their services. This deep integration into Google's services allows you to make some really useful stuff, either as standalone one off scripts.
Functions inside are docs, spreadsheets, and forms. Or even web facing apps, that you can use for yourself, or share with others in the Chrome Web Store.
- What is Google Apps Script?
- Creating and editing files with Apps Services
- Storing data for your script
- Using events and triggers in containers
- Building custom spreadsheet functions
- Sharing your script as a web app
- Serving JSON or XML from your script
- Publishing your app in the Chrome Web Store