Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the online documentation, part of Learning Google Apps Script (2013).
With anything as detailed and powerful as Google Apps Script,…it's important to know where you can go for help.…The Google Apps Script reference is the best place to start.…It provides a comprehensive list of all the services and classes…available to you, with a listing of the methods for each.…I'll open up the Google Apps Services…section down here, and then I'll open Document.…Here, the first thing in the list is…DocumentApp, the main class for working with Google docs.…This site shows the details of the properties and methods…of this class, and the type or return type of each.…
This is important because it shows you what subclass you…need to refer to to work with whatever you get back.…So for the Create method here, I can see it returns an object of type document.…I can click here to check out the details of that method, and it gives an example.…Lists for the perameters, and provides a link to the return type class information.…The page for the document class. List it's methods in the same way.…If you're curious whether you can do something…
- What is Google Apps Script?
- Creating and editing files with Apps Services
- Storing data for your script
- Using events and triggers in containers
- Building custom spreadsheet functions
- Sharing your script as a web app
- Serving JSON or XML from your script
- Publishing your app in the Chrome Web Store