Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Learning Google Apps Script (2013).
There are only a few Exercise Files for this course, and all members of lynda.com have access to them. Inside the Exercise File's folder, there's a chapter two and chapter five folder. Inside these folders are some pictures, a spreadsheet you can import, and a couple of PDFs. You certainly don't have to use these files, but you can if you'd like. The rest of the movies in the course all have pretty short amounts of code in them. And the best way to learn app script is to type them in yourself, and see how the editor suggests and highlights as you do. Because the examples in this course are pretty short, i've designed most of the movies to be independent.
So you should be able to jump in and start wherever you like, without needing code from the prior movies.
- What is Google Apps Script?
- Creating and editing files with Apps Services
- Storing data for your script
- Using events and triggers in containers
- Building custom spreadsheet functions
- Sharing your script as a web app
- Serving JSON or XML from your script
- Publishing your app in the Chrome Web Store