Learn how to navigate and use the View menu.
- [Instructor] Let's take a closer look…at the view menu to help you navigate the view…of your spreadsheet…while you're entering, reviewing, or presenting data.…To access the view menu,…click the word view in the upper menu…above the Google Sheets toolbar.…You'll see a dropdown menu appear…with several options listed.…Let's walk through each of these selections…to get a sense of how they're used.…The first option is freeze.…This refers to freezing rows or freezing columns…in your spreadsheet view.…Freezing rows and columns are useful…if you want to keep a row or column header label visible…as you scroll through a large spreadsheet.…
You can freeze a single row or column,…or multiple rows, or multiple columns,…or even rows and columns at the same time.…If I want to freeze the top row of this spreadsheet,…I select the row,…click the view menu,…and click freeze one row.…Then when I scroll through the spreadsheet,…I can still see that top row.…I can unfreeze this row by clicking view,…freeze, no rows.…
Then that row disappears as I scroll through it.…
- Navigating Google Sheets
- Creating, naming, and saving spreadsheets
- Importing files
- Converting other file formats such as Microsoft Excel to Google Sheets
- Editing cells
- Inserting, deleting, and moving rows and columns
- Adding hyperlinks and images
- Formatting data
- Using formulas and functions
- Sharing spreadsheets
- Using the Google Sheets mobile app
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/17/2018. What changed?
A: We revised five videos to reflect the latest features and enhancements in Google Sheets.
Q: This course was updated on 10/17/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover customizing your printed spreadsheet and automating tasks with recorded macros.
1. Getting Started with Google Sheets
2. Creating Spreadsheets
3. Editing Spreadsheets
4. Viewing and Printing Spreadsheets
5. Formatting Spreadsheets
6. Working with Spreadsheet Data
7. Collaborating with Google Sheets
Commenting on a spreadsheet3m 26s
8. Using the Google Sheets Mobile App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.