Learn how the keyboard shortcuts for switching to conversations, to settings, to invites, to archived conversations, to search, to switch between multiple conversations, and to emphasize text with bold, italic, and underlining.
- [Tutor] In an earlier chapter,…we learned some keyboard shortcuts,…when working with video calls here in Hangouts,…but there are other keyboard shortcuts…you might not be aware of when, for example,…text messaging or having conversations with other people.…We're going to explore those now.…You can see, I'm in Google Hangouts…using the Chrome browser on a Mac,…but the same keyboard shortcuts…are going to work in a Windows environment.…I'll be flipping back and forth.…Let's start, for example, with accessing…our settings from here.…
When you hit the letter H, you can hit another letter…immediately after to access Settings.…That letter is M, as in menu.…Give it a try, H and then M.…It takes you right in to your Settings.…Now you can move around your Settings here with your mouse…and close it up when you're done,…or press Escape on the keyboard,…if you prefer to use the keyboard.…Next, let's try this one.…If you have any archive conversations,…you can get to them quickly by pressing H…and then A, as in archive.…
Looks like I do have one and if I wanted to open it up,…
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.