Learn how the keyboard shortcuts for switching to conversations, to settings, to invites, to archived conversations, to search, to switch between multiple conversations, and to emphasize text with bold, italic, and underlining.
- [Tutor] In an earlier chapter,…we learned some keyboard shortcuts,…when working with video calls here in Hangouts,…but there are other keyboard shortcuts…you might not be aware of when, for example,…text messaging or having conversations with other people.…We're going to explore those now.…You can see, I'm in Google Hangouts…using the Chrome browser on a Mac,…but the same keyboard shortcuts…are going to work in a Windows environment.…I'll be flipping back and forth.…Let's start, for example, with accessing…our settings from here.…
When you hit the letter H, you can hit another letter…immediately after to access Settings.…That letter is M, as in menu.…Give it a try, H and then M.…It takes you right in to your Settings.…Now you can move around your Settings here with your mouse…and close it up when you're done,…or press Escape on the keyboard,…if you prefer to use the keyboard.…Next, let's try this one.…If you have any archive conversations,…you can get to them quickly by pressing H…and then A, as in archive.…
Looks like I do have one and if I wanted to open it up,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the Hangouts interface
- Starting one-on-one text chats and group text chats
- Archiving a text chat
- Starting a video call
- Sending a message during a call
- Changing video call settings
- Making phone calls with Hangouts
- Touring the Hangouts UI on a mobile device
- Setting up contacts
- Customizing Hangout preferences
- Using keyboard shortcuts in Hangouts