Use Google Meet to get together and share ideas when not everyone can be there in person. Learn how to use the calendar to invite others to the meeting, and activate video chat to see each other along with other features.
- You're fortunate when everyone can get together in person.…When they can't, you can invite the one loner…or all your collaborators flung far and wide…into a virtual meeting by using Google Meet.…To set up such a meeting you must have a G Suite account.…Regular Google account users can join the meeting,…but only a G Suite user can configure…an online meeting with Meet.…Further, your G Suite administrator must set permission…so that your account can create such meetings,…and G Suite administration is a topic for another course.…
To start the meeting, visit Meet on the web…at https://meet.google.com.…Click Start a New Meeting…and pretty soon you will see yourself on this screen,…but of course one person is not a meeting.…So you want to click the Start Meeting button,…and then you see the URL or the web page address…for the meeting, and this last part here…this is the code to enter the meeting.…But what you can do is click Copy Info and copy that…in then past it into a Gmail message…and send that off to everyone you want…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding G Suite and Google apps
- Exploring Google Drive
- Sharing files and folders
- Receiving a shared invite
- Sharing a document
- Managing shared documents
- Adding comments
- Creating a shared schedule
- Collaborating in real time
- Building a project site
- Presenting online