Learn about the various parts of the Google Hangouts user interface, where to start different kinds of hangouts, and where to monitor activity and settings.
- [Instructor] Regardless of what browser you decide to use…with Google Hangouts,…the user interface is going to look the same.…Let's take a quick tour to get you comfortable…in your surroundings.…When you login using your Google account,…you arrive here at Google Hangouts once selected…at the home screen…and you're going to see a welcome message, your name.…Get started by calling or messaging a friend below.…There are three different options to choose from.…If your computer or device has a built-in or attached camera…and microphone, you can start a video call.…
Maybe you'd rather just call someone on their phone.…You can do that with the Phone Call option…and the last option here is to simply text message…with one or more other people,…something we'll be doing in the next chapter.…So no matter what browser you're using,…you're going to see those three options to get started.…You're also going to see some other things here on screen…like in the top right hand corner.…The typical icons you'll see whether you're in Hangouts…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.