Learn how to navigate and understand the various parts of the user interface of Google Hangouts installed on a mobile device, specifically an iPad mini using iOS.
- [Instructor] Because you may need to…start a video chat, or maybe make a phone call…from Google Hangouts, even have a…text messaging conversation with someone…while you're on the go, Google Hangouts…is available as a download.…It's an app that can be installed on…virtually any mobile device.…We're going to take a quick tour of the user interface…of the mobile version of Google Hangouts on an iPad mini.…So, as you can see down on the left hand side…I still have access to previous conversations…with Sandie, Karen, there's the pro services backlog…that we worked with in an earlier movie,…and down at the very bottom of that pane…you'll see some icons starting with…that little character icon representing contacts.…
Tap that and you'll see access to your frequent contacts.…You can also enter names, phones, or emails…to find people from here, just like we did on the computer.…If you saved any of your conversations as…a favorite so you can access them quickly…tapping the star at the bottom will list those for you.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the Hangouts interface
- Starting one-on-one text chats and group text chats
- Archiving a text chat
- Starting a video call
- Sending a message during a call
- Changing video call settings
- Making phone calls with Hangouts
- Touring the Hangouts UI on a mobile device
- Setting up contacts
- Customizing Hangout preferences
- Using keyboard shortcuts in Hangouts