Learn how to navigate and understand the various parts of the user interface of Google Hangouts installed on a mobile device, specifically an iPad mini using iOS.
- [Instructor] Because you may need to…start a video chat, or maybe make a phone call…from Google Hangouts, even have a…text messaging conversation with someone…while you're on the go, Google Hangouts…is available as a download.…It's an app that can be installed on…virtually any mobile device.…We're going to take a quick tour of the user interface…of the mobile version of Google Hangouts on an iPad mini.…So, as you can see down on the left hand side…I still have access to previous conversations…with Sandie, Karen, there's the pro services backlog…that we worked with in an earlier movie,…and down at the very bottom of that pane…you'll see some icons starting with…that little character icon representing contacts.…
Tap that and you'll see access to your frequent contacts.…You can also enter names, phones, or emails…to find people from here, just like we did on the computer.…If you saved any of your conversations as…a favorite so you can access them quickly…tapping the star at the bottom will list those for you.…
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Docs Advanced Tips and Trickswith Jess Stratton58m 18s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Google Hangouts
2. Messaging and Text Hangouts
3. Video and Phone Hangouts
4. Hangouts on Mobile Devices
5. Set Up Contacts
6. Set Hangout Preferences
Change your profile picture3m 50s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.