Join Albert Lo for an in-depth discussion in this video Test the custom view, part of Android Development: Modern Android UI Design Elements.
- [Instructor] Now that we have finished all of our changes…to our custom view checkbox,…and we've made all our changes to the layout,…we are now ready to test our checkbox.…Let's do a clean first.…And once Gradle has finished doing a clean,…let's press the Play to do a Gradle build.…And I'm going to select my virtual device, Pixel XL.…So once Android Studio has loaded our app…into our emulator, let's switch over to the emulator,…and let's open the side nav drawer, select Google Photos,…and we select our album.…
And now if we select a Google Photo item here,…we'll see the checkbox.…And if we select the same item again,…we see the checkbox toggle.…So we have the code that toggles the state…and we have the code that shows it,…and that completes our test.…
- Creating a custom layout with XML
- Setting up OnClick handlers
- Making API calls
- Creating custom views
- Implementing ViewHolder objects
- Signing certificates
- Adding a checkbox
Skill Level Intermediate
Building Android Apps with Cloud Serviceswith Albert Lo2h 37m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Side Navigation Drawer
2. Custom RecyclerView: Multiple View Types
3. Custom RecyclerView: ViewHolders
4. Understanding Custom Views
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.