Learn how to initiate a video call with one or more other people from a browser window on a computer, mute audio and hide video, and how to end a video call with others.
- [Instructor] If you have a camera attached…to your computer,…and you'd like to have a face-to-face conversation…with one or more people…who also have a camera attached to their computer or device,…you might consider starting a video call.…A video call can be started a couple of different ways.…One option, is to go right to the video call button…in the center of the screen.…Give it a click.…A new window will open up.…Your camera on your computer or device will be activated.…I can see myself in the background.…And you'll be prompted to type in the names or emails…of people you'd like to invite to this video call.…
Entering names are going to be people who are contacts.…And, if you don't have them in your contacts,…you can add their email to invite them.…At their end, they'll receive an invitation to your call,…which they can accept or decline.…Now, that's just one option.…I'm going to close this up, and close up this video window.…Because, there is another option.…If you're already having a conversation,…you can turn it into a video call.…
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Docs Advanced Tips and Trickswith Jess Stratton58m 18s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Google Hangouts
2. Messaging and Text Hangouts
3. Video and Phone Hangouts
4. Hangouts on Mobile Devices
5. Set Up Contacts
6. Set Hangout Preferences
Change your profile picture3m 50s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.