Learn how to initiate a video call with one or more other people from the Google Hangouts app on a mobile device, and how to end a video call with others.
- If you're on a mobile device…and you want to start a video chat, no problem.…Here in Hangouts all you have to do…is select the person you're chatting with.…For example, Karen Leslie here is selected.…You'll notice in the top right hand corner the video icon.…That's one place to go to start a video with Karen.…I can also slide Karen Leslie out of the way…and choose Video from there.…Notice also the camera initiates contact with me.…
And you can see now Karen's answering the call.…Hi, Karen, how are you?…So the same thing applies for Karen if she is interrupted.…Perhaps she doesn't want us seeing…what's going on in the background.…She can mute her camera by tapping the camera icon…in the bottom corner, bottom right hand side,…and no longer do we see Karen,…but rather her profile picture.…And if she doesn't want us hearing what's going on,…she can tap the microphone icon down at the bottom.…And of course I can do the exact same thing.…
Tapping those will hide me and display my picture…and mute my microphone.…At any time we can go back down there…
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Docs Advanced Tips and Trickswith Jess Stratton58m 18s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Google Hangouts
2. Messaging and Text Hangouts
3. Video and Phone Hangouts
4. Hangouts on Mobile Devices
5. Set Up Contacts
6. Set Hangout Preferences
Change your profile picture3m 50s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.