Learn how to initiate a new one-on-one chat by inviting another member to join your chat, and accept an invitation to chat with another initiating member.
- [Instructor] Well, it's time to start using…Google Hangouts to communicate with others,…and in this movie, we'll begin with a simple,…one-on-one text chat.…We'll see what it's like to initiate the chat…and to be on the other end joining a chat.…You can see I'm logged in here as myself.…Hi, David.…Get started by calling or messaging a friend now.…You can see down below, a video call option,…phone call, and there it is, message.…That's text messaging, and clicking this,…watch what happens over here on the left-hand side…in this area when we click message.…
We're now prompted to enter the name, email,…or phone number of someone.…Entering a name will use your contacts.…Email if they're not in your contacts.…You can even use a phone number, and if we click the X,…we'll close that up to stop searching, because another…option is to simply come up here without clicking…the message icon in the middle of your screen,…just click to start typing in names,…emails, and phone numbers.…Or if you prefer, go down to the bottom…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the Hangouts interface
- Starting one-on-one text chats and group text chats
- Archiving a text chat
- Starting a video call
- Sending a message during a call
- Changing video call settings
- Making phone calls with Hangouts
- Touring the Hangouts UI on a mobile device
- Setting up contacts
- Customizing Hangout preferences
- Using keyboard shortcuts in Hangouts