Learn how to initiate a new group chat by inviting another member to join your current chat, and how to accept an invitation to join a group chat started by someone else.
- [David] When you want to have a text chat…with more than one other person, it's called a group chat.…A group chat is accomplished by starting a conversation…with someone as we did in the previous movie…and then adding people to the group.…That's what we're going to do in this movie.…You can see over here I've been chatting…with Karen Leslie and as you can see the conversation ends…with Karen asking maybe we should get Sandie in…on this chat.…Well, I agree.…So I'm going to type in yes, I'll invite her now.…
Off that goes to Karen, she sees the response…and now to create the group chat,…all we do is add more people…and to do that,…we do it from inside our conversation window here…by going to the top where it says…create a group Hangout with Karen.…Clicking that allows me to type in Sandie's address.…There she is.…Selecting her gets her in when I go down to the bottom…and choose to create the group.…So now there's three of us going at the same time.…
You can see over here under conversations I have ongoing…with Sandie, there's Sandie and Karen in this screen.…
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Docs Advanced Tips and Trickswith Jess Stratton58m 18s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Google Hangouts
2. Messaging and Text Hangouts
3. Video and Phone Hangouts
4. Hangouts on Mobile Devices
5. Set Up Contacts
6. Set Hangout Preferences
Change your profile picture3m 50s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.