Learn how to initiate a new group chat by inviting another member to join your current chat, and how to accept an invitation to join a group chat started by someone else.
- [David] When you want to have a text chat…with more than one other person, it's called a group chat.…A group chat is accomplished by starting a conversation…with someone as we did in the previous movie…and then adding people to the group.…That's what we're going to do in this movie.…You can see over here I've been chatting…with Karen Leslie and as you can see the conversation ends…with Karen asking maybe we should get Sandie in…on this chat.…Well, I agree.…So I'm going to type in yes, I'll invite her now.…
Off that goes to Karen, she sees the response…and now to create the group chat,…all we do is add more people…and to do that,…we do it from inside our conversation window here…by going to the top where it says…create a group Hangout with Karen.…Clicking that allows me to type in Sandie's address.…There she is.…Selecting her gets her in when I go down to the bottom…and choose to create the group.…So now there's three of us going at the same time.…
You can see over here under conversations I have ongoing…with Sandie, there's Sandie and Karen in this screen.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.