Learn how to initiate a new group chat by inviting another member to join your current chat, and how to accept an invitation to join a group chat started by someone else.
- [David] When you want to have a text chat…with more than one other person, it's called a group chat.…A group chat is accomplished by starting a conversation…with someone as we did in the previous movie…and then adding people to the group.…That's what we're going to do in this movie.…You can see over here I've been chatting…with Karen Leslie and as you can see the conversation ends…with Karen asking maybe we should get Sandie in…on this chat.…Well, I agree.…So I'm going to type in yes, I'll invite her now.…
Off that goes to Karen, she sees the response…and now to create the group chat,…all we do is add more people…and to do that,…we do it from inside our conversation window here…by going to the top where it says…create a group Hangout with Karen.…Clicking that allows me to type in Sandie's address.…There she is.…Selecting her gets her in when I go down to the bottom…and choose to create the group.…So now there's three of us going at the same time.…
You can see over here under conversations I have ongoing…with Sandie, there's Sandie and Karen in this screen.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the Hangouts interface
- Starting one-on-one text chats and group text chats
- Archiving a text chat
- Starting a video call
- Sending a message during a call
- Changing video call settings
- Making phone calls with Hangouts
- Touring the Hangouts UI on a mobile device
- Setting up contacts
- Customizing Hangout preferences
- Using keyboard shortcuts in Hangouts