Learn how to start a conversation with someone on your recent conversations list on a mobile device, as well as start a new conversation with someone not on the list by typing out their email address.
- [Narrator] When you're ready to start a new…text messaging conversation with someone here…in Google Hangouts on a mobile device,…you have a couple of options.…Firstly, you can simply tap the name of the person…you had a previous conversation with.…I'm going to tap Sandie, and go down to the bottom,…tap where it says Send a message and start typing.…Notice, when you press return, it adds blank lines.…Instead of hitting return on a mobile device,…you'll tap the send icon that appears in green…with the little paper airplane there,…give it a tap, and off it goes.…
So, that goes off to Sandie and you can continue…your conversation with that person.…If you prefer to start a new one…with someone who's not on the list,…you tap the plus sign down in the bottom right-hand corner…of the conversations pane here in on the left.…Tapping that gives you access to those frequent people,…but also gives you access to the field at the top…where you can enter a name, phone number, or email.…So, I'm going to type in someone I'd like to start…
- Recognize the various components of the Hangouts interface.
- Describe how to archive a text chat.
- Explain the process of joining a video call.
- Summarize how to change video call settings.
- Identify the process of starting a Hangout chat on a tablet.
- Recall how to determine whether someone is available to have a conversation in Hangouts.
- Cite the steps you go through to change your profile picture.
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Docs Advanced Tips and Trickswith Jess Stratton58m 18s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Google Hangouts
2. Messaging and Text Hangouts
3. Video and Phone Hangouts
4. Hangouts on Mobile Devices
5. Set Up Contacts
6. Set Hangout Preferences
Change your profile picture3m 50s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.